Sometimes using your old gadgets seem so comforting no matter the condition of it. It is because upgrading requires a lot of effort, and even if you pass through the same, the device starts creating fuss which is annoying to handle.
If you’re one of those who have upgraded your Apple Watch and it’s not behaving, you don’t have to panic. Even the newest of technologies can act mad at times, which has a definite fix. Below is a guide on potential fixes for issues occurring with your new Apple Watch. So, read along to know more!
How to Troubleshoot Your Apple Watch?
A gadget can bring up any sort of issue, and you should be aware of the potential fix.
If Any App is Frozen
Frozen apps are a very regular issue that comes up with all the devices. Fixing an application on your Apple Watch is pretty easy. In case the app has stopped responding, doesn’t interact, or anything else, follow some of the tricks mentioned below:
- Relaunch the app on your Apple Watch. All you have to do is press the Digital Crown and return to the home screen. Wait for a few seconds and relaunch the app.
- In case relaunching doesn’t work for you, you may force quit. Press and hold the side button of your Apple Watch until the sliders start appearing. Next, press the Digital Crown for a few seconds, until you see the home screen.
If Your Apple Watch is Slow
Dealing with a slow Apple Watch? It might need a fresh start and to do the same you’ll have to restart your watch. The steps to restart an Apple Watch are:
- Press and hold the side button for a few seconds until you see the digital switches.
- Slide the switch to the right to turn off your Apple Watch.
- To restart the watch, press and hold the side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
If restarting your Apple Watch doesn’t fix the error, try rebooting your iPhone. Also, don’t forget to check software updates on the iPhone’s Apple Watch App. The steps to check for updates are:
- Launch the Apple Watch App on your Apple device.
- Click and select the ‘My Watch’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the ‘General’ option from the menu.
- Click on the ‘Software Update’ option and check if there’s any.
If the Apple Watch Isn’t Detecting Your iPhone or the Network
Sometimes an Apple Watch does not detect your Apple device or the network and notifies you as ‘Disconnected.’ Hold on, don’t get anxious! Here are some steps you can follow and fix the issue:
- Make sure that Airplane Mode is disabled on your Apple Watch and the other Apple device. Also, Bluetooth must be enabled.
- If the Bluetooth is already turned on, try disabling and then enabling the same.
- Reboot your Apple Watch.
- Reboot your Apple device to which the watch is connected.
If Your Apple Watch is Still Malfunctioning After a Restart
If you’re still unable to use your Apple Watch, it is finally time for restoring the same. It sounds like a struggle; however, load off the stress of backing up the data as your iPhone creates an Apple Watch backup during daily use. Also, losing your Apple Watch data should be the least of your concern as it is unlikely.
This is pretty much it! The above-mentioned are all the potential fixes you may try to get back your Apple Watch to proper functioning. However, if nothing helps, you can contact the Apple Support team and book an appointment. It is the best solution, at last, to seek help from the professionals.